It’s the NEW Nintendo 3DS everyone!
Yup, Nintendo just announced the new system- which is the same system, but with a new name and new casing. That’s it.
…not really though.
The New Nintendo 3DS has more buttons, a second analog stick and is far more powerful than it’s predecessor, allowing it to play games like Xenoblade Chronicles:
It’s unknown what other, more powerful games are planned for the freshly upgraded handheld. There is plenty of room for speculation considering all the improvements and changes made to the system, however.
Changes to the New Nintendo 3DS include:
- More powerful CPU
- Improved 3-D
- Eye-tracking 3-D tech from all angles (!)
- Additional, smaller analog stick
- Additional shoulder buttons
- Improved battery life (over 7 hours)
- Improved browser, now supports HTML5
- Now also compatible with microSD
- Wireless PC backups now possible
- Faster e-shop & Miiverse
- Interchangeable casing
- Colored buttons (SNES-style)
- Amiibo support
- Two different sizes, OG & LL
- Backwards compatibility
The New Nintendo 3DS will be released in Japan on October 11th, early 2015 for Europe. A North American release date has not yet been announced.