Along with a solo Charizard (sorry Squirtle and Venusaur fans, I’m upset too), the frog shinobi Greninja has joined the battle! He looks to be a very speed-oriented character, as would be expected with a ninja. Check out that tongue scarf.
Here are some quick reveals, followed by the full video:
- The 3DS Smash will release this summer but we have to wait for winter to play the console version.
- You can now customize your move sets
- Shiek and Zero Suit Samus are now seperate characters
- Both of them, as well as most other characters (Sonic!) have been retooled and rebalanced
- Both Charizard and Lucario can access their Mega Evolution forms.
- Yoshi is back! He stands upright now and is said to be more powerful.
- Kirby and Pit have new Final Smash moves.
- Mega Man’s Final Smash is amazing
- Villager’s Final Smash has the Nook family building a house on your opponents. Gold.
- Almost every stage will have a no-nonsense, no-gimmick “Final Destination” version
- Online play has been split into two modes: For Fun and For Glory
- For Fun is anything goes while For Glory is no items, no customization and Final Destinations only
- The 3DS version will feature a 4-player mode that resembles City Trial from Kirby’s Air Ride
- Dark Samus, Midna and Animal Crossing’s Isabelle are among the new assist tropies
Here is the full Nintendo Direct. It’s got way more information on character changes, items, stages and features: